What do you do if you take too much edibles?
If you’ve consumed too much of a cannabis edible, it’s important to stay calm and remember that the effects are usually temporary and will eventually subside. Here are a few tips on what you can do if you’ve taken too much:
- Wait it out: The effects of edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to kick in, and they can last several hours, depending on the dose and individual factors. If you’ve taken too much, it’s best to wait for the effects to pass rather than trying to counteract them.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water to help flush the THC out of your system. Staying hydrated can also help to reduce some of the unpleasant symptoms of over consumption, such as dry mouth and headache.
- Eat light, healthy food: Eating light, healthy food can help to reduce some of the symptoms of over consumption. Avoid fatty or heavy foods, which can make the effects of the THC last longer.
- Find a quiet, comfortable place: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, try to find a quiet, comfortable place to relax. Lay down, close your eyes, and take slow, deep breaths. Surrounding yourself with familiar and comforting things can also help to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Avoid alcohol or other drugs: If you’ve taken too much of a cannabis edible, it’s important to avoid alcohol or other drugs, as this can make the effects even stronger and more dangerous.
Note: An overdose on THC is not likely to be fatal, but it can be very uncomfortable and may cause symptoms of psychosis or lead to serious physical injury. If the effects of cannabis become too much, call 911 immediately or go to the nearest emergency room.